Sr Marketing Communications Specialist – Social Media
With an extensive breadth of products and growing digital marketing innovation, this is an exciting time to be part of Honeywell Aerospace's Customer Marketing group. (Read more about Honeywell Aerospace at aerospace.honeywell.com.)
The Senior Social Media Specialist reports into the Aerospace global marketing services group, a service organization to all of Aerospace marketing and communications that includes content development, digital marketing and creative execution. This external-facing, publishing-centric role will help tell Aerospace’s stories and news via the multitude of existing and emerging social media-related outlets in a way that influences the right audiences and aligns with set strategies.
We are looking for that unique individual that is an avid user of social media-related sites and tools with a customer-centric focus. The successful candidate has a journalism (preferred) or communications-trained background, brings outstanding and creative writing skills to the table and desires to work in one of the most innovative and popular industries in the world. Our employees are literally rocket scientists and hold multiple patents. In short, we are looking for a bright, competitive, selfless and hardworking individual who brings a “win and have fun” attitude, commitment to excellence in the workplace and a bias toward action and results.
- Acting like a daily news “reporter” and publisher – you will seek, simplify and then tell Honeywell Aerospace stories, facts and news with high-quality visuals every day externally via approved social media sites such as You Tube, Blogs, Twitter, and many others that exist or will soon be invented
- Help marketing and communication teams build campaigns that are successful based on objectives such as lead generation, engagement, awareness and event attendance using both paid and organic strategies
- Be the primary content developer and publisher for Honeywell Aerospace social media, and review all social content for accuracy and brand voice and visual style
- Excellent writer, accurate proofreader, with an innate sense of the appropriate voice needed in a variety of business cases
- Engage with fans and followers in real time, providing the link between the business and their customers
- Regularly counsel members of the Aerospace communicator community on matters of social media strategy and tactical best-practice
- Keep current with the ever-changing landscape of social media and a brand’s presence there
- Balance both day-to-day tactical responsibilities with longer-term evaluation and strategic planning tasks
- Assist communication leaders with crisis communications as necessary
- Develop and lead strategy that integrates social media efforts in campaigns for PR, Marketing and Communications
- Analyze metrics and provide recommendations that are meaningful to campaign owners and other internal teams.
- Build and expand our online audiences and followers as they relate to key customers, partners, employees and media
- Engage in online conversations via executive involvement or approved individual responses
- Report on results from social media interactions and posts and individual campaigns in a timely manner
- Lead vendors and third-party agencies from a social media perspective
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelors’ Degree
- Minimum five years of experience in social media, journalism and/or communications
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, mass communications or marketing preferred
- MBA preferred
- Possesses working knowledge and real-world experience in planning, managing, executing social media initiatives
- Ability to work in large, highly matrixed corporations is preferred
- Track record in writing, editing and publishing content for the social media space – including follow-up commenting/conversations
- Writing, verbal and presentation skills
- Knowledge of Digital Marketing current best practices
- Understanding of the components of social media programs that span owned (i.e. Blogs), versus earned (i.e. Facebook) versus paid (i.e. sponsored tweets)
- High-energy, creative and resourceful self-starter who demonstrates leadership skills and instincts
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Ability to work as a team, take direction and move forward
Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
If interested - you can apply directly using the following link: