Sr Digital Media Planner/Buyer
LOCATION: We are based, as is this position, in Tempe, AZ—an upbeat college town in the Greater Phoenix Metro area.
WE ARE: A full-service advertising, interactive, marketing, PR, and social media agency. We have a team of over 40 people and a culture driven by innovation, fun and a wealth of energetic and experienced talent.
OUR CULTURE: We have a flat organization (i.e. no managers, no hierarchy, no silos) and a “no-walls” office layout that facilitates collaboration and open communication across departments. We also have an office dog, so if you don’t like dogs, that’s a deal breaker.
You should also be fond of movie days, happy hours, pool parties and BBQs at the Zions’ home, impromptu gatherings of team members, and enjoying a brew from one of the two full-size office kegs.
We also offer free snacks and drinks; film screenings at the office in our surround-sound Café with 18-foot movie screen; a 14-foot-long shuffle board table; a full-size pool table; dart board; full-size video arcade game with 135 games; and an amazing office from an architectural, interior design, and functional perspective that the Business Journal called out as The Coolest Office Building in Arizona.
The crowning jewel of every year here at Zion & Zion is a truly epic, weekend-long, agency holiday party at a local upscale resort that includes: two hotel nights for agency team members and their significant others, a Friday evening get together, a Saturday spa day and lunch, a Saturday evening cocktail reception, a Saturday night multi-course dinner at an upscale restaurant, a Sunday morning Mimosa and Bloody Mary get together, and a Sunday late-morning buffet brunch.
OUR BENEFITS: Our benefits include health insurance, dental, vision, and a 401(k), as well as the most comprehensive professional development and conference attendance program of any agency in the state.
OUR CREDENTIALS: Each year we are among the top Ad Agencies in Arizona, and for several years have been ranked the #1 PR firm. We also hold positions in the top interactive firms and top web development firms lists in the Phoenix Business Journal’s Book of Lists. Very important to us is our ranking by both The Business Journal and Career Builder as a Best Place to Work.
THE NUTS AND BOLTS OF THE JOB:
We’re looking for an exceptional individual. Here’s our wish list—it’s ambitious, so we ask that you are as well:
The Sr Digital Media Planner/Buyer must have demonstrated expertise across digital channels, with media planning and buying experience, and understand how digital fits in a client’s overall marketing/media strategy. The position is responsible for overseeing all aspects of a campaign from plan development to reporting, ensuring clients’ needs and expectations are fulfilled. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, proficient at managing multiple projects, highly organized, analytical, exhibits strong leadership qualities and possess effective communication skills.
- Experience planning, buying, and negotiating digital media: online display, video, mobile, and native. Experience managing paid social campaigns is a plus!
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal. Comfortable presenting in front of clients; experience with new business pitches a plus
- Know when and why to use different targeting methodologies (behavioral, contextual, demographic, lookalike, cross-device, retargeting) and feel comfortable speaking on each to educate clients.
- Make media allocation decisions based on media objectives and target audience research
- Be able to optimize digital campaigns and work with media partners and/or ad tech to improve campaign performance
- Put together kickass presentations; analyze the meaning behind data
- Creative asset trafficking as appropriate to vendors and internal trading team
- Seeking out new digital media and ad technology – seek out the latest offerings in the market
- Pull media pacing reports and analyze against KPIs
- Responsible for the day-to-day digital media planning, campaign management and optimizations for assigned clients.
- Provide digital media recommendations with supporting rationale and POVs.
- Optimize campaign strategy and tactics to maximize campaign results and ensure that client goals are achieved.
- Basic knowledge of traditional media; be able to speak strategically about how digital and traditional media work together
- Use available research to inform strategy and media tactic decisions
- Maintain and oversee account digital media budgets and ensure proper and timely invoice reconciliation occurs
Know these tools:
- Google Campaign Manager/ DCM Ad Server Experience
- Google Analytics
- Google Tag Manager
- Advantage (ideal)
- Facebook Business Manager & Twitter Ads
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of products (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
Requisite skills include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Communications (Marketing, Advertising, Finance, Business Administration, or similar)
- Meticulous and detail-oriented
- An excellent communicator (written and verbal)
- 5+ years of experience at a media planning & buying agency
- Must be a proactive team player willing to roll your sleeves up and help the team as needed
- Ability to manage simultaneous tasks in a fast-paced technology-oriented environment
- Analytical mindset with a knack for rapid troubleshooting and ability to problem-solve independently
- Self-starter who can keep track of multiple projects and meet deadlines without a direct manager to prioritize their desk
- Excellent interpersonal skills needed to work in a cross functional company environment
The successful applicant must be a true team player and must be absolutely committed to doing whatever it takes to move themselves, Zion & Zion, and our clients forward.
Yep, we want it all. We hope you do too. Are you the guy or gal for the job?
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.