Social Media Strategist
$45,541 - $59,203/annually, DOE
Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm
Performs journey level curating, writing, editing and dissemination of public information and content in support of public relations, marketing advertising, advancement and communications strategies, campaigns, programs and social media initiatives. Participates in strategic social and digital media content creation and execution; also participates in crisis communication planning and resolving customer service issues as they pertain to Rio Salado’s online activities.
25% - Provides daily hands-on management of all applicable social media outlets including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, You Tube, Pinterest, Google + and LinkedIn
20% - Curates social media content for a variety of Rio Salado’s social media platforms ensuring source accuracy and consistent messaging, voice, tone, style and branding guidelines; optimizes content for search engine optimization and lead generation
15% - Develops, builds and executes content calendars for social media platforms
10% - Coordinates content for Rio Salado's sponsored events
10% - Implements best practices for social media engagement; monitors effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media content and campaigns.
10% - Analyzes, reviews and creates reports on effectiveness
10% - Tracks competitors and reports messaging opportunities; performs other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s Degree in public relations, marketing, journalism or related field and two years of professional journey level experience in developing and implementing public relations and marketing activities, projects and campaigns.
An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above, unless otherwise subject to any other requirements set forth in law or regulation.
1. Experience in translating, developing and implementing content for a variety of social media platforms with demonstrated proficiency in Facebook,Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, Google + and LinkedIn
2. Experience working with social media monitoring and reporting tools in order to track content effectiveness and prepare original reports
3. Experience in the development and implementation of social media strategies
4. Demonstrated experience in photography and design skills
5. Experience researching best practices, trends and emerging technologies in social and digital media
6. Experience working with principles, practices and methods of social and digital media as it relates to creating content for search engine optimization
Special Working Conditions
Applicants must provide a portfolio with at least five samples of social media content demonstrating effectiveness. If the candidate has photography and design experience, at least five samples or a portfolio are required.
Exerting up to 10 lbs of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Work is routinely performed in an indoor, office environment.Position in this class typically require: fingering, talking, hearing, seeing and repetivive motions.
May be required to lift or carry up to 50 lbs. Possession of a valid State of Arizona Class D Driver's License is required; employee must meet district minimum standards regarding driving: http://www.maricopa.edu/legal/rmi/vehicle.htm#requirements.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit a cover letter that details how the applicant meets minimum and desired qualifications.
Applications without a cover letter will be incomplete and will not be considered.
Please ensure your resume and cover letter provide the following items:
- Clearly illustrate how prior experience, knowledge and education meet the minimum and desired qualifications for this position.
- Provide employment history in a month/year format (e.g., 09/07 to 10/11) including job title, job duties, full or part time and name of employer for each position.
- Three professional references, preferably current and/or former supervisors. If references are not provided in resume upon application, they will be requested at time of interview.
- Applicants must provide a portfolio with at least five samples of social media content demonstrating effectiveness. If the candidate has photography and design experience, at least five samples or a portfolio are required.
Posting Close Date
Apply on or before September 16, 2018 to be considered.
Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) will not discriminate, nor tolerate discrimination in employment or education, against any applicant, employee, or student because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status (including document abuse), age, disability, veteran status or genetic information.