Founded in 1947, Goodwill of Central and Northern Arizona (GCNA) is a leading non-profit that operates more than 80 retail stores and donation centers, and no-cost Goodwill career centers across the state. We are looking for a copywriter to join our team and help drive our mission to end unemployment in Arizona. The candidate for this full-time position should have experience writing for both B2C and B2B industries across a range communication channels. Collaborating with the internal GCNA marketing staff from concept development through content deployment is another a key aspect of the job.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute as an integral part of an inspiring and collaborative marketing team to create compelling content that achieves both the marketing and business objectives of our organization.
- Participate in the development of creative concepts, copy, and design for bothinternal and external projects with the in-house designer.
- Composes and/or edits internal and external written, spoken or printed, and digital communications.
- Writes and/or edits copy for digital communications including web copy, banner ads, e-newsletters and additional e-communications.
- Writes and/or edits copy for all brochures, flyers, handouts, folders or other printed materials.
- Writes and/or edits content of presentations and speeches, and executive communications.
- Concepts ideas, writes scripts and outlines storyboard content and copy for external and internal videos.
- Works with various individuals throughout the organization to craft written messages for retail and additional department communications.
- Presents drafts, timelines, and concepts at department level and to additional stakeholders.
- Maximize productivity and cost effectiveness, completing projects on time and within budget.
- Provides additional content production and copywriting, as needed.
- Models Goodwill Core Values – Trust, Collaboration, Engagement, Ownership, and Innovation.
- Perform other related duties, as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills):
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in, Copywriting, Journalism, Marketing, Communications, Advertising, Business, or another related field preferred.
- Must have 2 – 4 years’ experience as a Marketing/Advertising Copywriter or developing content for campaigns for digital and traditional media.
- Has experience writing for both B2C and B2B industries across a range of communication channels.
- Has extensive familiarity with developing communications for various aspects of campaigns, ranging from overall concept, to execution of all written campaign components.
- Ability to evaluate audience and purpose of copy based on minimal direction.
- Ability to vary language and tone of messages based on audience and purpose.
- Demonstrated excellence in written communication skills, including news, business, persuasive writing, and writing for varied forms of media.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills including proven effectiveness in one-on-one and group communications.
- Demonstrated project management skills and strong attention to detail.
- Strong history of quickly building relationships, gaining credibility and partnering with department leaders and peers.
- Demonstrated ability to simultaneously manage multiple, complex projects in varying stages of development under time pressure and deadlines.
- Excellent internet search and navigation techniques required.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong MS Office skills.
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screen, where applicable for position.
You will be eligible for a comprehensive Total Rewards package, 1st of the month following 60 days of employment that includes the following;
- 5 Medical Plans
- Employer Funded Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- 3 Dental Plans
- Vision Plan
- 401K (Immediate participation upon hire)
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid Time Off; Sick and Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- These are just a few highlights of our key benefit offerings!
To be considered for this position, you must apply online at www.jobs.goodwillaz.org
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, gender identity, the presence of a non-job related medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status. We will consider any reasonable accommodation and modification, including adaptive devices, to assist any person with a disability to apply for and, if hired, to perform the essential duties of the position they seek. Assistance could include help in completing on-line application as well as providing alternative communication, e.g., Braille and Large Print.