Marketing Communications Manager
Desert Botanical Garden is a major cultural institution in the Phoenix metropolitan area with a multi-faceted mission: conservation, education, research and exhibition of desert plants. It welcomes more than 450,000 visitors annually. The Marketing Communications Manager works with the Marketing Communications Director and team to develop the Garden’s external voice and strategy in the print and digital mediums to: promote the Garden’s mission, attract visitors, reach and retain existing members, generate new members and drive traffic to the Garden’s website.
- Serve as managing editor for the Sonoran Quarterly: oversee working with an editorial committee on content and deadlines, including writing, editing, and proofreading to ensure the publication is ready for press; ensure project is aligned with other Garden branded materials and ensure consistency in grammar, format and message
- Project manage the Trail Guide publications: create content, lead editing efforts and work with designer on design vision
- Manage web content updates through WordPress, track analytics and search engine rankings
- Coordinate the Garden’s email marketing campaigns, manage email database and analyze post-campaign performance
- Assist with media relations as needed
- Represent the Marketing Communications Department on Garden committees, as directed
- Bachelor-level degree in advertising, marketing or communications
- Excellent research skills and strong communication skills, both oral and written
- AP Style experience; ability to reorganize text to create consistency in grammar, format and message
- Three to five years of related work experience
- Creativity and innovation, with an ability to lead projects and drive deadlines
- Ability to both work autonomously and interface with all members of the creative team
- Strong organizational skills, with an ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and on deadline.
Put your passion for the desert to work! To apply, please forward resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax to: 480.481.8173, or mail to:
Desert Botanical Garden
1201 N. Galvin Parkway
Phoenix, AZ 85008
The Desert Botanical Garden is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, marital or parental status, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by law.
The Garden fosters and supports workplace diversity, equity and inclusion to honor the unique perspectives, experiences and contributions of all, to celebrate successes, and to cultivate individual and institutional excellence.
The benefits of regular employment at the Desert Botanical Garden include a stunning environment, competitive benefits package, complimentary family membership, employee cultural exchange, wellness initiatives and discounts.