Grand Canyon Education's Marketing department is seeking a full time Copywriter. This role is responsible for developing creative solutions for the promotion of the university brand, programs and events through various marketing avenues. Collaborating with the marketing team, this role identifies, researches, writes and edits copy for a variety of internal GCU printed and electronic communications vehicles.
The Copywriter will work on the day-to-day creative work for the core business functions, as well as work on more comprehensive projects in collaboration with the creative team.
**PLEASE NOTE: To be considered all candidates must attach writing samples to their application.**
- Crafts creative content for various marketing pieces promoting the University, colleges, degree programs and university events, maintaining brand standards and ensuring clarity of messaging.
- Develops creative content for advertising campaigns for use in print, radio, outdoor, television and direct mail.
- Assists in editing and/or rewriting existing marketing copy as necessary.
- Works collaboratively with the Marketing Creative Services and Digital Teams to identify and coordinate opportunities in which a combination of communications tools and techniques are required.
- Works closely and collaborates with other members in the Creative team to develop a production timeline which can be met.
- Will meet regularly with internal clients to understand their challenges and requirements and propose and support effective communications strategies for targeting specific audiences using the appropriate tone, vehicle and frequency.
- Research communication projects and advertising campaigns with competitors to offer ideas and suggestions to GCU internal customers accordingly.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution preferably in journalism, communications, marketing or English.
- Minimum of 5 years' direct writing and editing experience in a creative services, marketing or advertising environment preferred.
- Proven experience (portfolio) of writing for a variety of audiences.
- Knowledge of SEO best practices
- Knowledge of printing processes and web content development
- Excellent planning and organizing skills with the ability to schedule and manage concurrent multiple projects or events.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
- To be considered, all candidates must attach writing samples to their application.
Apply Here: https://gcu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/GCE/job/AZ-Phoenix/Copywriter_R000016679