Copy Review Specialist I
Please apply for this opening here: http://tinyurl.com/yay6ntjj
This role is responsible for performing a variety of editorial duties of internal and external communication materials, such as routine editing, proofreading, and revising content of written materials, in preparation for delivery. The Copy Review Specialist will collaborate with graphic design teams, Legal, stakeholders, writers, and various other departments to help ensure completeness, accuracy and correctness in all marketing collateral.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned)
- Prepare, rewrite and adjust copy to improve readability, correct errors, and layout and ensure content meets Isagenix requirements.
- Look for inconsistencies of thought, development, or organization considering the audience and recommend modifications.
- Read, evaluate and proofread content submitted and confer with stakeholders regarding changes in content, style, or structure.
- Verify facts and raise queries with the stakeholder.
- Alter copy in accordance with Isagenix Style Guide.
- Meet frequently with stakeholders to discuss projects and resolve problems.
- Ensure adherence to deadline requirements and monitor the utilizations of sources.
- Check text and allocate content according to space parameters using knowledge of layout principles.
- Confer with management and experienced copy review staff members regarding content, layout placement, etc.
- Collaborate with colleagues across multiple business areas to deliver copy that meets business and branding objectives.
Minimum Qualifications (These are the requirements that all applicants MUST HAVE to be considered for this position)
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, English or related field.
- 2 years of related editing experience at advertising agencies or in a corporate environment.
- Ability to write and edit in accordance with AP Style.
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft office software to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Strong interpersonal skills, detail oriented and able to coordinate/manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Minimal travel required for events or department assignments.
- 4 years of related editing experience at advertising agencies or in a corporate environment.
- Experience in network marketing and/or health and wellness, natural products industries.
- DSHEA-compliant copy and familiarity with structure/function claims.
- Experience using SharePoint or other workflow management software.