Content Specialist & Copywriter
Goodwill of Central and Northern Arizona is seeking a Content Specialist and Copywriter to support marketing and communications functions for Goodwill of Central and Northern Arizona (GCNA), through creating and building awareness of GCNA’s Mission Services efforts in fighting unemployment in our community by executing communications across a wide variety of platforms.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with the in-house marketing team to concept campaign ideas and collaborate on design, including creation of copy for annual Mission Services, Philanthropy, and Recruiting campaigns.
- Brainstorms content, writes copy for, and prepares e-mail send outs for Mission Services, Philanthropy, and Recruiting campaigns including bi-monthly job seeker e-blasts, and additional send outs as needed, as well as print and online advertisements, brochures, web copy, and additional creative outlets.
- Works with the Manager, Marketing & Communications to review advertising trends, consumer surveys, and other data regarding marketing services to determine the best way to promote GCNA Mission Services and the virtual platform.
- Develops and updates key brand messaging through creating and writing content for the online virtual platform, blogs, emails, text campaigns, and assists with content for social media platforms and video creation.
- Maintains a process for securing mission and writing related success stories and continues to find ways to integrate in to Goodwill’s storytelling process.
- Supports outlining of project timelines and collaborates with marketing team to determine project components and due dates.
- Supports development of general organization content including annual reports, website content, organization nominations, and more.
- Works with various individuals throughout the organization to support the crafting of written messages to a wide variety of audiences.
- Designs and writes copy for promotional materials including promotional flyers and notices, Mission Services, Philanthropy, and Recruiting special event flyers, and other marketing materials, as needed.
- Concepts ideas and outlines storyboard content and copy for external and internal videos.
- Collaborates with videographer throughout entirety of video making process.Assists with development of media and radio talking points, as well as team member talking points, as needed.
- Assists with content scheduling and copywriting of internal newsletter articles, including obtaining photography and coordination of accompanying graphics.
- Provides additional content production and copywriting, as needed.
- Models Goodwill Core Values – Trust, Collaboration, Engagement, Ownership, and Innovation.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills):
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in, Marketing, Communications, Business, or another related field preferred.
- Must have 2 – 4 years’ experience as a Marketing Copywriter or developing content for campaigns, digital and traditional media.
- Demonstrated excellence in written communication skills, including news, business, persuasive writing, and writing for varied forms of media.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills including proven effectiveness in one-on-one, group communications and media relations.
- Demonstrated project management skills and strong attention to detail.
- Strong history of quickly building relationships, gaining credibility and partnering with department leaders and peers.
- Demonstrated ability to simultaneously manage multiple, complex projects in varying stages of development under time pressure and deadlines.
- Excellent internet search and navigation techniques required.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong MS Office skills.
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screen, where applicable for position.
You will be eligible for a comprehensive Total Rewards package, 1st of the month following 60 days of employment that includes the following:
- 5 Medical Plans
- Employer Funded Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- 3 Dental Plans
- Vision Plan
- 401K (Immediate participation upon hire)
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid Time Off; Sick and Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- These are just a few highlights of our key benefit offerings!
Become a valuable part of our team and work for a company which has been named a Best Place to work by the Phoenix Business Journal 4 out of the last 5 years. Work for a company which has seen double digit growth year after year for nearly a decade. Work for a company which values diversity and is centered on success. Goodwill of Central and Northern Arizona — We Put People to Work!
To be considered for this position, you must apply online at www.jobs.goodwillaz.org
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, gender identity, the presence of a non-job related medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status. We will consider any reasonable accommodation and modification, including adaptive devices, to assist any person with a disability to apply for and, if hired, to perform the essential duties of the position they seek. Assistance could include help in completing on-line application as well as providing alternative communication, e.g., Braille and Large Print.