The UX Strategist (UXS) connects design, content, and marketing strategy to business results. This end-user evangelist works closely with a cross-functional team to craft highly engaging digital experiences. The UX Strategist balances business strategy and research insights to generate unique solutions to our client’s digital problems. The UXS heads up the department. As such, this individual is a thought leader who will advance UX decision-making within our organization and our clients’ organizations. The UXS will define the UX vision, build a UX roadmap, and establish UX research processes for each engagement. This position will support the end-to-end development process through discovery, quantitative and qualitative user research, prototyping, usability testing, validation, and iteration. This forward-thinking individual should be able to draw upon research to identify opportunities, recommend design directions, and prioritize future functionalities.
- Evangelize the importance of a design-thinking and a user-centered approach to educate and ultimately, sell UX services to clients
- Establish a scope and pricing for UX projects
- Work with clients to determine SMART goals at project outset
- Lead requirements gathering kickoffs with clients
- Create UX roadmaps for small and enterprise-level engagements that outline timing, dependencies, and more. Roadmaps must integrate with established development schedules, if applicable.
- Establish departmental processes and project-specific processes
- Establish pricing templates for UX services
- Maintain UX guidelines and a library of execution templates to streamline projects
- Train junior UX team members and assess performance to guide career progression
- Stay on the cutting edge of UX research and development to adapt our process accordingly
- Facilitate UX workshops remotely and in person
- Recruit appropriate user testers
- Plan and conduct 1:1 user interviews
- Perform usability tests remotely and in person, for prototypes as well as developed products
- Plan and execute surveys
- Analyze quantitative and qualitative data to draw insights, identify actionable takeaways, and drive design/marketing/content decisions
- Create accurate, research-based personas
- Create empathy maps
- Map touchpoint inventory
- Create user and buyer journeys to inform messaging
- Perform competitive analyses within an industry
- Perform heuristic site or intranet audits to identify recommended design changes
- Analyze recorded user sessions, site metrics, clickmaps and heatmaps to identify user behavior patterns to identify UI improvement opportunities
- Craft mobile and desktop wireframes for websites and applications
- Comfortably articulate design decisions to clients one-on-one, in groups, remotely, or in person
- Establish information architecture based labeling best practices and research such as card sorting and treemaps
- Build sitemaps
- Lead Core Page Modeling sessions with a cross-functional page to prioritize content on client products
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Psychology, Graphic Design, or related field
- 4+ years of work experience in a related position
- Enterprise-level project management experience
- Proven wireframing experience, including application design (show portfolio)
- Proven experience conducting user experience research
- Demonstrable knowledge of usability best practices
- The ability to ask intelligent, probing questions
- A knack for quickly adapting to vastly different industries, clients, and personalities
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong writing skills
- A calm demeanor under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- A love of problem-solving
- The ability to work autonomously
- Agency experience highly preferred
Preferred Software Experience
- Remote user testing software such as usertesting.com or UserZoom
- Remote workshopping software such as Mural or Stormboard
- Heatmap and clickmapping tools such a Hotjar
- Wireframing tools such as Sketch, UXPin, or Balsamiq
- Surveying tools such as SurveyMonkey or Google Forms
- Recruitment tools such as ethn.io or Mechanical Turk
- A/B testing tools such as Optimize.ly
About Lucid Agency
Lucid Agency focuses on delivering the absolute highest quality digital marketing and technology solutions to results-driven organizations. We are a collaborative team of problem solvers comprised of passionate, forward-thinking individuals on a mission to do right by our clients. We’ve been ranked in the top of “best places to work in Phoenix” for four years because we value our employees and strive for a strong work-life balance. If you see the value of a team-based environment where being motivated by and learning from your colleagues is a daily occurrence, then Lucid Agency may be for you. Join our fast-paced, expanding team in our Tempe and Chicago offices.
Location and Hours: We value the power of teamwork, so this position would require you to work in our office in Downtown Tempe (off Mill Avenue) during standard business hours.
Compensation: Compensation will be a great salary, based on experience. Other benefits include paid health insurance, flexible paid time off, and much more.
- If you are applying from outside the Phoenix area, please outline your relocation plans and your availability to interview locally. All applications will be handled with discretion and confidentiality. Must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
- We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.