Did you know that Choice is more than a hospitality company—we’re also a tech company? IT enables the success of Choice, as nearly every new business initiative requires a technology component. Our IT team powers nearly $7 billion in room revenue—including over 267 million transactions per day! In addition, our IT supports 30 million Choice Privileges members, ensuring that they continue to be loyal customers.
As a UX Designer, you will own the role of planning, designing, prototyping, and delivering new industry-leading user experiences on ChoiceHotels.com website and Mobile Apps. You’ll team up with Product, Research, and Engineering teams to interpret user needs and corporate strategies to create short- and long-term goals to help our customers have the best experiences possible while shopping, booking, and managing their travel through Choice’s digital interfaces.
- Highly skilled in Interaction and Visual Design as demonstrated by work products
- Web-based portfolio of work samples demonstrating ability to document user experience in ideation, planning, prototyping, wireframes, visual design, specifications, and production via Wireframes and Information Architecture specifications, process artifacts, and design specifications
- Deep knowledge of user experience methods, innovation, ideation, storytelling, prototyping, design framework, concept visualization, problem-framing, and design principles
- Expert level knowledge and abilities in Adobe Suite, Sketch, and related design tools.
- 4 + years of professional experience with Interaction Design including multidisciplinary e-commerce and/or site usability including mobile platforms and apps
- Bachelor's degree from a university or four-year college in business administration, marketing, computer science, graphic design or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience in user-centered design
- Expertise with Interaction Design prototyping tools, such as Visio, Apple Keynote and/or Axure, InVision used to create "lo-fi" prototypes to share in a fast, iterative manner
Reporting: reports to UX Manager