Senior Digital Designer
To apply: go to our Careers page on our website and fill out our online application. Only applications submitted through our website will be accepted.
The Lucid Agency team is looking for a full-time Digital Designer! Have you been designing professionally for 4+ years? Look at you! Are you comfortable balancing beautiful interfaces with effective marketing strategies? That’s good to hear! Do you enjoy collaborating with other departments? We love that. But can you also hunker down and produce beautiful, accessible designs on time? Even better.
Our Digital Designer…
- Leads production, modification, and maintenance of website and web app designs
- Works closely with content, marketing, business analysis, and development departments to create custom websites
- Presents designs to internal and client stakeholders
- Stays up to date on latest web technologies and techniques to further efficiency and quality in design/development processes
- Quotes projects of varying custom requirements
- Oversees design quotes, analysis, specifications to make sure that projects are onboarded appropriately
- Provides training/workshops for clients and staff as required
- Overcomes design constraints and obstacles maturely and thoughtfully
The Ideal Candidate…
- Has at least 4 years design experience at a digital agency or startup under their belt
- Has a degree in a design related field
- Has experience working on large-scale design systems
- Feels comfortable mapping and presenting prototypes
- Is proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch
- Displays high-level knowledge of effective SEO strategies and techniques
- Has proven experience building grid-based, responsive websites
- Has a working knowledge of CSS and HTML
- Feels comfortable customizing themed sites in drag-n-drop WordPress interfaces
- Feels comfortable in a leadership role and training junior employees
- Is able to meet tight deadlines and maintain calm under pressure
- Can produce top quality written specifications for project handoff
- Continues to actively teach themself new technologies and skillsets
- Stay up-to-date on current coding techniques and best practices
- Exhibits excellent communication skills and relentless attention to detail
- Displays familiarity of information architecture and content strategy best practices
- Enjoys working on multiple engagements at once with small teams
- Understands that design is more than a “creative” role
- Displays mastery of vertical rhythm and solid typography practices
- Designs with empathy and has proven track record of translating business problems into design solutions
- Designs to compliance standards and keeps accessibility as a priority
- Can articulate design decisions to clients unfamiliar with process
- Can calmly and maturely navigate design criticism in the moment
- Potentially has photography and animation skills
About Lucid Agency
Lucid Agency focuses on delivering the absolute highest quality digital marketing and technology solutions to results-driven organizations. We are a collaborative team of problem solvers comprised of passionate, forward-thinking individuals on a mission to do right by our clients. We’ve been ranked in the top of “best places to work in Phoenix” for four years because we value our employees and strive for a strong work-life balance. If you see the value of a team-based environment where being motivated by and learning from your colleagues is a daily occurrence, then Lucid Agency may be for you. Join our fast-paced, expanding team in our Tempe and Chicago offices.
Location and Hours: We value the power of teamwork, so this position would require you to work in our office in Downtown Tempe (off Mill Avenue) during standard business hours.
Compensation: Compensation will be a competitive salary based on your past experience and what you can bring to the table. Other benefits include paid health insurance, 401k, flexible paid vacation and sick days, short- and long-term disability plans, the ability to work remotely on Fridays, a great team, a fully stocked bar cart and cold beer in the fridge, plus much more.
- If you are applying from outside the Phoenix area, please outline your relocation plans and your availability to interview locally. All applications will be handled with discretion and confidentiality. Must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
- We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.