Public Relations Account Executive
Account Executive Description
The Knight Agency is a hands-on boutique public relations, marketing, and events firm accepting resumés for a full-time Account Executive in our Scottsdale, Arizona office. Our clients span across multiple industries including technology, hospitality, culinary, entertainment, and lifestyle. We are looking for an AE to join our technology practice who also has interest in the other industries.
If you are intellectually curious, love to challenge the status quo, think outside the box, and are ready dive into the deep end–we want to hear from you! We are seeking experienced writers, editors, social media experts, storytellers, relationship builders and media relations specialists.
The ideal candidate should posses the following qualifications:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills – confident in writing emails and speaking eloquently on the phone (AP style is a plus)
- Must be proactive, organized, energetic, and thrive in a collaborative and fast-growing environment
- Gracefully work under pressure and deadlines
- Knowledgeable, passionate storyteller who loves to create and define authentic messages for diverse audiences
- Possess a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in public relations, marketing and/or journalism.
- 2-4 years of communications, public relations or marketing experience in an agency or in-house, and/or directly transferable, fast-paced work experience
Responsibilities of the Account Executive role include:
- Write and successfully pitch press materials including bios, backgrounders, fact sheets, media advisories, and press releases
- Craft and pitch targeted stories to business, technology and consumer lifestyle media
- Write and edit bylines, blog posts, media pitches, and social media posts
- Manage multiple accounts and serve as a liaison between clients and the media
- Participate in team brainstorm meetings and provide recommendations for communication, PR and marketing strategies
- Stay up to date on trends in our industries through following websites, blogs, daily/weekly newsletters.
- Research, vet and secure partnerships with like-minded brands for client partnerships
- Manage social media accounts for our clients/the agency with a keen eye towards new highlighting new trends, maintaining brand voice, and tracking analytics
Do you have what it takes to join the Knight life? Please send resumés, salary requests and writing samples to Kimberly@knight.agency