Public Relations Account Coordinator
Davidson Belluso is seeking a PR Account Coordinator with 1-3 years of experience in public relations and social media to assist in managing client projects and agency promotion.
We are a dynamic, full-service marketing communications agency founded in 2001. D/B is team-focused, creative, collaborative and fun. But most of all, we are dedicated to making the client experience the best it possibly can be. Our growing client list spans many industries, with a particular focus on healthcare, education, government, financial services, retail, and travel and tourism.
We are seeking someone with top-notch organizational skills, a keen attention to detail in editing and copywriting, a strong work ethic and a positive attitude to join our fast-paced and dynamic team.
- Reports to Senior Public Relations Manager and assists in management of public relations accounts, both internal and for clients. Ensures that deadlines are met.
- Writes, edits and proofreads press releases, blog posts and newsletter content.
- Creates social media content and manages both internal and client channels.
- Supports creative department with copywriting, editing and proofreading as needed.
- Performs media research and assists in development of media pitches.
- Assists with offsite client events and presentations. Position may require work on evenings and weekends and may involve limited travel.
- Researches and contributes to strategic planning, reporting and creative brainstorming for public relations and social media campaigns.
- Participates in researching, writing, editing and implementing annual communications plans and reports for various clients.
- Researches clients, developments and latest trends within respective markets and industries.
- Tracks social media and media coverage and develops reports for client and internal use.
- Collaborates with teams throughout the agency on a variety of projects and planning efforts.
QUALIFICATIONS AND ESSENTIAL SKILLS
- Previous PR agency experience.
- Experience with WordPress, content publishing and blogging.
- Demonstrated social media management and experience with social media management tools.
- Experience with Constant Contact or other email marketing system.
- Familiarity/experience with Cision and other media research tools.
- Working knowledge of basic principles of SEO.
- Knowledge of Function Point preferred but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations, or equivalent experience in a public relations environment.
- Minimum 1-3 years in public relations.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in AP Style for proofreading and copy editing.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel programs.
- Must work well in a fast-paced team environment.