PR Jr. Account Executive
Serendipit Consulting is seeking a full-time PR Jr. Account Executive.
Are you interested?
As a Junior Account Executive (PR) for Serendipit, you are responsible for the day-to-day public relations functions for a variety of clients, management of PR coordinators and interns and support to senior team members. You will attend meetings, write press releases, come up with pitch ideas and constantly pitch the media to secure stories, build target media lists, manage reporting, ensure client satisfaction and perform various other tasks as assigned. Your main responsibility is to achieve the goals of each Serendipit PR clients through public relations activities, and to uphold the Agency’s reputation as one of the top PR agencies in the Valley. That means thinking ahead to make sure all client tasks are completed and that senior team members always have the most updated reports, research and ideas about that client’s industry and business. You are a vital part of the organization! We’ll expect a lot from you, including flexibility to meet deadlines and handle extra hours as needed (including the occasional weekend or evening client TV spot or event) as well as the ability to work very well under pressure and to handle client needs, even if they have unreasonable demands or expectations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES INCLUDE
Your daily duties as a JR. Account Executive (PR) are to oversee and execute on new and existing accounts. You will be given specific clients to work on day-to-day, but you will also be thrown into other projects as needed. You will have direct client interaction on many of the accounts you handle the daily PR for, and on other accounts you may work through a senior team member who handles the client interaction.
- Independently managing and executing the day-to-day PR efforts for 4-6 retainer clients (depending on retainer scope/size) and a variety of “project” clients and assisting with a number of other larger PR clients with senior team members
- Meeting or exceeding internal and external client KPIs on a weekly basis.
- Drafting PR plans and setting goals for each client; ensuring that each month, our tactics and results are evaluated against those goals to make sure we are on target
- Attending client meetings, taking notes and assigning/managing tasks in Intervals based on the notes
- Create monthly PR report for all of your PR clients each month (sent to client by 5th of the month for the month prior); also compile and/or send “Weekly Recap/Wins” e-mail every Friday.
- Writing press releases and media pitches, and coming up with new, creative ways to tell our client’s stories
- Pitching the media on a daily basis! Local, regional, national, trade – you name it!
- Be “in the know” of what media is covering our clients, and always make sure the TML is up-to-date
- Send changes to Interns/Coordinators and do periodic checks to ensure all contacts are perfect
- Find all clips that mention or relate to our clients
- Coordinating events and overseeing events through completion
- Development of Interns & Coordinators on a daily basis:
- Managing overall organization of PR “area” in the office – including client clips, clip books, newspapers, magazines, etc.
- Ensuring all PR reports are updated by Interns or Coordinators (clip book, editorial report).
- Assigning writing tasks (pitches, press releases) and reviewing/editing all work.
- Training on pitching media.
- Management of Target Media Lists
- Staying on top of PR trends
- Maintaining current Google Analytics certifications
- BS/BA in Public Relations or related field
- 1-2 years experience in full-time public relations position (agency experience preferred)
- Proficient time and project management skills and be able to communicate effectively and work well autonomously in a team driven environment.
- Be a SOLUTION FINDER
- Be highly motivated and a self-starter with high standards of performance and expectations for themselves and their team.
- Must have the ability to work in a deadline driven environment, be extremely well organized, analytical, and possess a strong ability to multi-task.
- Proficient with Mac and Microsoft Office presentation products.
- Work well in a team and with a wide range of people
- Be organized and methodical with decision making
- Be proactive and able to take the initiative
- Be well presented with a professional manner
Please email your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org