Mid-Level Production Artist
OdySea in the Desert is looking for a Mid-level Production Artist to work with the Creative Director, Graphic Designer, and marketing team to design for the entire OdySea in the Desert organization. It is a unique opportunity to move in-house, get in on the ground floor, and create the brands for OdySea in the Desert, OdySea Aquarium, Butterfly Wonderland, and Laser + Mirror Maze.
OdySea in the Desert is Scottsdale’s newest entertainment destination. It includes 3 major entertainment attractions, over 15 restaurant & retail locations, a 1-acre courtyard for events, and more.
The Mid-level Production Artist is the final checkpoint in the creative design process and will support the creative and digital team. Candidate must have strong production skills with the ability to execute in a fast-paced, ever changing, and evolving environment. Candidate will work cross-functionally with the graphic designer, and report to the Creative Director.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Collaborate closely with the creative director, graphic designer, and marketing team on print and digital production tasks.
- Manage multiple projects and assure that guidelines and industry standards are accurate for print and digital mediums.
- Approve the quality and accuracy of files being prepared, package, and pre-flight files for release to printers or media vendors.
- Make various formats of supplied artwork production-ready and resolve any artwork issues that arise during production.
- Collaborate with creative director and graphic designer on the production of advertisements, signage, brochures, videos, social media content, e-mails, special-event materials, websites, exhibit design, and other marketing and advertising collateral.
- Make copy and layout revisions as needed, retouch photos, etc.
- Work with Creative Director and Marketing team by collaborating on creative projects and maintain brand guidelines/style guides.
- Work cross-functionally with the digital team developing art for emails, digital ads, and digital billboard sign based on supplied design.
- Willingness to work long or extended hours to meet production deadlines when necessary.
DESIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- 3+ years of proven experience as a professional production artist in both print and digital. Only candidates with a strong portfolio will be considered.
- AA or Bachelor’s degree in Design or related field from an accredited art school or university, with significant course work in graphic design and print production.
- Possess and maintain design best practices for both print and digital formats.
- Strong background in adapting designs for the digital environment.
- Strong understanding of the production process and a solid knowledge of graphic design principles.
- Experience with digital content such as websites, social media, digital advertising, and email campaigns a plus.
- Candidate must have strong Photoshop skills, with a concentration on image correction, clipping masks, and manipulation.
- Fluent and efficient in the full Adobe Cloud print suite: Indesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PPT, and some Excel. Must be able to build presentations in PPT and Keynote, and create working documents in Word.
- Expertise in the Adobe Creative Cloud, primarily Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign required.
- Attention to detail, ability to manage multiple projects creatively, efficiently, and thoroughly in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Must have outstanding communication skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of design principles, including: layout, typography, color, balance, composition, with an eagle eye for details.
- Demonstrates the ability to work under pressure, track details of multiple projects, and interact with people at all levels.
- Good team player who works collaboratively with others and brings a positive and passionate attitude.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Compensation depends upon experience
- Full benefit package
We are looking to fill this position immediately.
Please send your resume and your digital portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.