RIESTER is looking for an experienced hybrid media planner/buyer who can work in the traditional and digital space in our Phoenix office. This person will be the day-to-day focal point to assigned accounts. It is the Media Planner/Buyer who has the primary day-to-day responsibility for assigned accounts and is expected to have an understanding of the clients’ overall business and marketing objectives. The Media Planner/Buyer is the steward of the entire media planning process and provides mid-level strategic recommendations to the senior media team and/or Client.
The Planner/Buyer is expected to have a strong working knowledge of the media space and available media research. This includes Television, Radio, Out of Home, Digital, Social, Analytics and Reporting. The Media Planner/Buyer is expected to be an active participant on the business; consistently engaged and contributing ideas and insights that will benefit our clients. Experience in the programmatic space a plus.
Job Skills & Requirements:
- Media Planning and Buying, knowledge of gaming and tourism a plus
- 3-4 years of Agency experience
- Aids in the creation of client media objectives and strategies
- Able to pull research through media tools, i.e. MRI, Kantar Stradegy, Scarborough
- Determines partner selection, program details, and rationale
- Assists in developing buying strategies for maximizing media dollars, and handling media negotiations
- Authors documents relating to the plan (must be able to create media brief and RFP from client input)
- Creates and maintains media plan flowcharts and media buy authorizations based on clients various initiatives
- Maintains media budgets and media spend summaries
- Works in conjunction with accounting on billing and invoicing
- Keeps abreast of all invoice, billing and delivery issues; knows when to escalate discrepancies to supervisors
- Writes POVs as needed and evaluates new media types / outlets
- Analyzes audit statements and syndicated research at a sophisticated level
- Provides creative analysis
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Keynote. Knowledge of Strata is a plus.
- Fields incoming proposals / phone calls for various clients
- Provides research support during development of Objectives & Strategies and plans
- Helps develop media plans specifically investigating sites, special opportunities and positions
- Understanding of available targeting technologies
- Understanding of available rich media capabilities
- Understanding of general activation capabilities of all available digital media tactics
- Excellent presentation skills a must
- Team Player
- Ability to juggle several clients’ projects at once
- Bachelor’s degree achieved, preferably with a concentration in Advertising, Accounting, Marketing, Business Administration, and Communications. Advanced degree is a plus.
- 10% travel – Travel
Client & Internal Relationships:
- Manages day-to-day client interaction
- Manages expectations of clients and deliverables
- Works closely with the client throughout entire program to maintain performance and resolve any performance issues
- Assists Director in advising clients on best ways to integrate media into their advertising and marketing programs
- Assists Director in growing business opportunities within current clients
- Works closely with the integration team (to manage day-to-day client interactions, maintain performance etc.)
- Privately owned, headquartered in Phoenix, AZ with offices in Los Angeles and Park City. This position is located in Phoenix.
- Competitive benefits, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401k, paid holidays, vacation & more.
- Unique, legendary culture.
- Fun, fast paced work environment.
- Dog Friendly
NO CALLS PLEASE, EOE