We are looking for a mid-level Media Buyer who is energetic and reliable individual who thrives in out-of-the-box thinking. To be successful in this role, one must be able to work in a fast-paced and constantly changing agency environment. The only thing we find predictable, is the unpredictability our market can bring us.
The ideal candidate is ready to use and hone their skills in the automotive advertising agency, with a preferred background in the Tier 2 automotive industry. This role will be responsible for identifying the media platforms, predominately traditional, will best serve our client’s advertisers needs. The Media Buyer will be responsible for negotiating, purchasing, promotions, event planning and monitoring our clients advertising space. This will require building key relationships in the marketplace. The expectation is to always pursue and make the best possible financial decisions for our clients.
- Purchasing media, with a focus on traditional media while working with the digital team for holistic media planning.
- Research marketplace to determine best methods for reaching potential customers.
- Negotiate buys, track purchased media for placement and reconcile invoices
- Broker added value where and as needed
- Manage makegoods and discrepancies
- Post buys will be required
- 1-2 years’ experience as a Media Buyer
- High level of organizational and communication skills, including verbal and written – this includes strong communication with colleagues
- Desire and ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously
- Expertise in MS Office, primarily Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with STRATA programming is a plus
- Excellent negotiating skills, ability to always follow through without prompting, work well under pressure and be adaptable to a changing environment
- Must be flexible in work schedule, working additional hours when needed
- Desire to work in a team atmosphere
- Automotive client experience is a huge plus
- Office environment is casual
- Dog Friendly environment