MARKETING WEB MANAGER
Marketing Web Manager
Arizona State University
WPC Dan Market & Communications
Requisition Id# 32911BR
$50,400 - $75,000 per year; DOE
The Marketing and Communications Department within the W. P. Carey School of Business seeks a Web Manager to manage all web properties related to marketing and communications for the W. P. Carey School of Business. Reporting to the Creative Director, this position is responsible for all front-end design, development, site performance and content management for: wpcarey.asu.edu, research.wpcarey.asu.edu (including Research and Ideas, Center sites), blogs.wpcarey.asu.edu (includes graduate and undergraduate blogs, conference websites) and my.wpcarey.asu.edu. The web manager is responsible for leading projects with internal clients in a cross-functional capacity with account management, content producers, and designers. In addition, this position will manage a website technician and student workers, with oversight of the web ticketing system.
Web Project Management
- Plan, track (tasks, time and progress) and communicate with stakeholders and update projects using online project management system.
- Prepare project requirements, design specifications and layouts, wireframes, site maps and UI elements, documentation and test plans.
- Collaborate with colleagues encompassing best practices for content, design, goals and outcomes, coding, source control management, technical reviews, and troubleshooting.
- Oversee the web request ticketing process; manage website technician and student workers to complete work to customer satisfaction.
Website Creation, Implementation and Optimization
- Evaluate and make recommendations to optimize the landing page experience for improved conversion on lead capture campaigns.
- Work cross-functionally with other teams to improve established KPIs for our websites.
- Design, develop and support templates/layouts, sites, web tools, database-driven web pages for internal and external sites for CMS or web development frameworks.
- Develop new web tools and dynamic areas within web pages designed to enhance, sustain and support W. P. Carey ideas and initiatives in compliance with established styles and ASU brand standards
- Identify and troubleshoot errors and/or problems with web-based applications; work collaboratively with involved stakeholders to facilitate timely resolution; escalates as appropriate.
- Remain abreast of technology directions, initiatives and trends within scope of expertise to provide ideas, guidance and recommendations, (e.g., mobile platforms, responsive design techniques and integration).
- Be responsible for fine-tuning site design, usability and performance to increase customer engagement and conversions.
- Work closely and collaborate with backend Web developer in IT, working to scope and communicate technical requirements that support and business objectives.
Reporting and Analytics
- Analyze web traffic patterns and data to drive design and elevate effectiveness of overall navigation, structure and content. Makes recommendations for continuous improvement and refresh cycles.
- Contribute to ongoing data collection for the digital dashboard, including Google Analytics reporting and ad-hoc analysis as needed on marketing campaigns.
- Report on actual website performance vs. forecast/external benchmarks.
- Create and maintain internal and external website performance benchmarks.
Bachelor's degree in Business, Communications, Information Technology or closely related field AND five (5) years web, graphic design and database experience including creating and updating table structures and views as well as CSS development, OR, any equivalent combination of experience, and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Demonstrated knowledge of PHP
- Experience in collaborating with backend developer for more in-depth PHP development
- Experience in building and modifying Drupal and WordPress themes
- Experience in designing and developing responsive websites using grid systems, and media queries
- Experience in translating design files (Photoshop or Illustrator) into WordPress, Drupal and standalone sites
- Experience in building custom CMS themes with advanced functionality
- Experience in leverage best practice techniques to optimize site images for web that optimizes site performance
- Experience in building and maintaining site themes with CSS preprocessors (SASS and LESS) and build tools such as gulp, bower and jUnit to increase efficiency, helping automate workflows and optimize theme assets
- Experience in use of version control, preferably GIT
- Experience developing and maintaining database driven web pages using frontend frameworks such as Bootstrap and Foundation
- Experience creating user testing materials and conducting user testing groups
- Experience working with stakeholders and leading projects across teams
- Demonstrated knowledge of Web Analytics and testing tools
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principles, standards and practices of project management
- Experience in handling multiple complex issues through the use of negotiation
- Experience in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Experience in working in an environment subject to quickly changing priorities and tight deadlines
- Evidence of effective verbal and written communication skills
- Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting/standing, keyboarding and manipulating a computer mouse
- Frequently required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work
- Frequent bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds
- Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities, which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts
- Communicate to perform essential functions
- Use office equipment including calculator, telephone, computer (monitor, keyboard and mouse), printer, fax and copier
- This position receives regular managerial review of objectives
Business is Personal - Within America's largest public university, the W. P. Carey School is committed to building a tight-knit community. Through small classes, team-based learning, and individualized attention every step of the way, your W. P. Carey experience is uniquely your own.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 90,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit www.asu.edu/tobaccofree
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement:
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Instructions to Apply:
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
To apply please go to www.asu.edu/asujobs/ click "External Applicant" under Staff job opportunities, see Req Id# 32911BR or go directly to: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGWebHost/jobdetails.aspx?partnerid=25620&siteid=5494&jobId=2923134