Who we are...
The mission of BASIS Independent Schools is to redefine education by raising the levels of student learning to the highest international standards. Every BASIS Independent school provides a joyful learning community where hard work is celebrated and intellectual pursuits result in extraordinary outcomes. In just three years we have established five highly-regarded private schools (PK-12) in some of the world's most dynamic regions: New York City, Silicon Valley, and Northern Virginia, with more campuses opening in the coming years. BASIS Independent is building a team of talented, passionate, and hard-working educators to ensure our students receive the best education in the world. Join us!
What you will do around here...
We are looking for a Junior Designer to create engaging designs according to brand standards. You will work in a team environment as part of the growing Marketing & Communications department to produce quality work within a fast-paced environment.
In this role, you should be highly creative and have a sharp eye for visual detail. If you are passionate about design and are eager to learn more through a wide range of projects, we'd like to meet you.
Your goal will be to create impactful designs that capture and promote our company mission across our growing network of five private schools.
You can expect to...
- Put your design skills to use in a wide variety of projects - from print and digital ads to more production oriented projects like flyers, postcards, and resizing of existing assets.
- Understand project requirements and concepts to produce attractive and effective designs for all media types
- Offer input in creative meetings and brainstorming sessions
- Meet deadlines consistently in a fast-paced environment
- Communicate with senior team members to receive feedback
- Liaise effectively with clients and other team members
- Support the team throughout the execution of campaigns and projects
To Join Our Team, You Must...
Be a creative junior designer with not only a wide range of design and creative talents, but show a positive attitude in a fast-paced environment where priorities can shift quickly. Communication is a big part of the job, so you must feel confident enough to contribute to the entire creative process. Keeping a finger on the pulse of current trends is also key when moving towards promotion and recognition.
What we are looking for is...
- A great attitude when it comes to tackling all projects - from new concepts to more production-oriented work
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Adeptness with leading design software packages
- A determination to achieve and succeed
- Some creative industry experience is a plus, whether through internships or full time employment
- A background of working as part of a design team and interfacing with non-creatives
- The ability to see projects through from inception to production
- Consistency regardless of project size
- Good organizational skills that support the rest of the team
- The motivation to maintain and improve design standards
- The willingness to listen to feedback and use it to improve
It is essential that you are not only creative, have a passion for education, but also have demonstrable mastery working in the following tools:
- Premier Pro (light video editing)
- MS Office Suite (PPT, Word)
- CRM platform (HubSpot/Mail Chimp) knowledge is a plus (for designing templates)
Hours: Full time, but must be open to working some nights and weekends when needed.
The Nitty Gritty...
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS Independent Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Note: BASIS Independent Schools, LLC (BINS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law. BINS expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.