Phoenix Art Museum is looking for a Graphic Designer to perform all aspects of creative design services including concepts, graphic design and production used to represent Phoenix Art Museum programs and services for marketing and communications through the External Affairs division.
MAIN JOB DUTIES
- Formulate original design concepts and create designs for print collateral (brochures, advertising, magazines, invitations, stationery, reports, displays) and digital assets (website graphic elements, emails, Museum display screens, advertising), and other Museum-associated collateral;
- Coordinate, maintain, and track design, approval, proofreading, and production processes and schedules for design projects for External Affairs division and other Museum divisions;
- Under supervision of Senior Manager of Design and Digital Strategy, coordinate projects through various approval processes; gather necessary information in order to maintain project initiatives in a timely manner; initiate and coordinate the flow of information between department and inter-department team members;
- Develop production-ready artwork for print and digital applications; troubleshoot production issues;
- Assist with maintaining brand/graphics standards, and collaborate with Senior Manager of Design and Digital Strategy in the continued development and implementation of the Museum brand identity and coordinated graphics standards;
- Assist Senior Manager of Design and Digital Strategy with mediating production of and approval for all design assets produced through other internal divisions, constituent support groups, and vendors/contractors;
- Schedule and maintain digital design assets and related content on the museum website; develop new content views, wireframes, page designs, and concepts for continued website development;
- Competitively bid, negotiate, and arrange purchases for all print production and marketing specialty items under supervision of Senior Manager of Design and Digital Strategy;
- Work closely with print vendors and other outside design/web vendors, and act as liaison between division and interdivisional team members;
- Coordinate the collection of production invoices and ensure accuracy;
- Assist Creative Media Specialist with photography, videography, and digital editing, as needed;
- Effectively communicate ideas and processes verbally and in writing.
- Associate’s degree in fine arts, design, or related field; bachelor’s degree in fine arts, design, or related field preferred. Minimum three years’ experience in professional/commercial graphic design production and graphics project management.
- Adobe Creative Suite applications (e.g. InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop); experience working in website content management systems (e.g. WordPress, Drupal), basic HTML, and camera/video equipment operation a plus;
Skill and ability to:
- Develop, plan, and implement high quality professional graphics;
- Multi-task and work on several assignments at a time;
- Keep abreast of changes in information technology as it relates to design applications;
- Maintain effective working relationships with internal and external clients;
- Meet deadlines and work effectively under pressure.
Submit cover letter, resume, and salary history with job code PAM-GRD to HR@phxart.org
** Incomplete submissions may not be reviewed **
Job Status: full-time, regular, exempt EOE