Graphic Design Internship
What Makes Small Giants Unique
Small Giants is a a full-service marketing and business development agency in Phoenix and Denver with a niche in the commercial real estate industry. As a result of integrating with hundreds of premier design, construction and commercial real estate companies, our disciplined team members are truly the experts when it comes to crafting specialized growth strategies, creative concepts, communications and training that will put our clients several steps closer to their pursuits and visions.
Our mission is to build brand worth for commercial real estate, architecture, engineering and design firms through creative and strategic marketing solutions.
Synergy: Strategy and collaboration make up the foundation of our team’s dynamic skills which contribute to project excellence and client relationships.
Creativity: Utilize our creative passions and talents to discover innovative solutions that elevate our team, clients and industry.
Passion: Thrive in the challenge of producing more than what is expected by our clients and CRE/AEC industry.
Delivery: Set the bar as a premiere marketing agency with excellent execution through an efficient process, quality standards and a value-add mindset.
Impact: Positively influence our industry and community through our daily work, mentorship and philanthropy.
Why You Will Love Our Firm
Our team culture is what separates us from other marketing firms. We believe in exceeding client expectations and celebrating our hard-earned achievements. Because our core values are centered around delivery, impact and passion, our employees’ satisfaction and fulfillment is paramount. We keep healthy snacks in the kitchen, enjoy team outings, catered lunches and offer an abundance of continued education opportunities.
At Small Giants, new employees quickly develop skills through learning opportunities that allow them to advance in their careers with the company. We seek self-motivated people that can work efficiently in a fast-paced environment, who speak up to bring powerful concepts to the table, and mostly importantly, who have vibrant personalities that we can collaborate with. If you think you have what it takes, please continue reading about the available position.
Our Commitment to Your Learning Experience
The Graphic Design Intern will provide graphic and art assistance within the marketing, videography, photography and graphic design departments through hands-on experience with ad campaigns, branding, production, creative brainstorming, social media, digital marketing, strategizing and editing.
What You Can Expect
The duties of the Graphic Design Intern may include:
- Assists art director and design team in creating marketing collateral, logos and graphics for print publication and web use.
- Aids in the development of innovative e-blast campaigns, interactive newsletters, brochures and additional marketing materials.
- Applies client revisions and edits to designs previously created by design team.
- Works with marketing, creative and other teams to ensure effective campaign support.
- Tracks and researches vendor costs and firm service charges.
- Formats and pre-flights files for web and print.
- Assists with Small Giants portfolio and internal marketing efforts.
- Designs social media posts to be used for Small Giants and client campaigns.
- Assisting digital marketing manager with a variety of lists and visual communications.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities Preferred:
- Proficiency in Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator programs.
- Proficiency within graphic design.
- Duties require good judgment, initiative and ability to deal with last-minute changes or critical issues.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and details simultaneously.
- Requires strong detail-orientation skillset.
- Requires good time management and organizational abilities.
- Requires self-direction, tact, diplomacy, and a clear, courteous, and professional manner when dealing with the public.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Products.
- Strong verbal and written communication abilities.
- Enjoys working with people and participating in a team environment.
- Bonus if you have Adobe After Effects experience (not required)
Education and Experience Preferred:
- Current student in Graphic Design or similar program from a trade school or four-year university
- Interest in marketing, social media, photography, video or animation is a plus
If you think you are a perfect match for our team, please send us the following:
- Your resume
- A cover letter that reflects your personality and specific interest in the construction/commercial real estate market and our great company
- Link to your current portfolio that showcases an attention to detail, branding expertise, and the ability to translate ideas/strategies into compelling printed communication and interactive experiences. Case study examples are appreciated as well.
Contact: Jana Berrelleza, Art Director, email@example.com