FREELANCE GRAPHIC DESIGNER
Commit Agency is looking for a cross-media graphic designer to assist our award-winning creative department on an ongoing freelance contract basis. This designer will work independently on assigned projects and as a member of a project team. The designer will create concepts and fulfill layout assignments according to supplied strategic and creative input. This person will need to be able to communicate directly with our account team, but typically works under the direction of our art directors, creative director or production manager.
The right person for this position will have agency or corporate in-house design experience, the ability to work with multiple deadlines, manage multiple projects of varying complexities and work well under pressure. Getting the little details right is important in this position.
- Provide design (digital and/or traditional) from conception to completion as required
- Work with art director/creative director/copywriter teams to concept and complete assigned projects and campaigns
- Create original design solutions for print and online experiences, brochures, websites, emails, social media and more
- Work with a large variety of clients
- Follow agency policies and procedures while working on behalf of the agency
- Maintain a positive work environment by behaving and communicating in a professional, courteous, respectful and ethical manner
Requirements for this position:
- Minimum of 2 years experience in an advertising agency/interactive agency/graphic design studio.
- An established portfolio
- Creative visualization and exceptional art and design skills, particularly in regard to creating work with a comprehensive, consistent and imaginative look and feel
- Experience in corporate branding, layout, color theory and typography in both print and digital media
- Must have access to and be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
- Demonstrated experience in MAC platform
- Can work independently or in a team environment while meeting deadlines
- Understanding of advertising/integrated marketing agency principles and practices
- Knowledge of communication and advertising/marketing techniques
- Organized with exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Take creative direction and input from others
- Follow workflow procedures and protocols