Fall: Strategy Internship
As a Strategy Intern, your job is to support our team across various aspects of planning. The internship will emphasize experience in social media strategy, content planning and campaign evaluation. You will aid the team in consumer research, digital platform updates and industry trends to inform strategic recommendations. Additionally, you will monitor the performance of ongoing strategies, help synthesize data, and create actionable takeaways to continually improve results.
KEY FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in consumer and industry research for pitches, annual planning and ongoing projects.
- Assist in conceptualizing content plans and mechanisms.
- Manage editorial calendars and planning.
- Assist in content reviews, confirming content is optimized for the user and the channel.
- Research and identify trends & opportunities for clients across digital and social platforms.
- Manage & analyze performance metrics across all digital channels based on campaign KPIs.
- Develop recommendations based on key learnings for improvements to client & agency projects.
- Assist with the creation of client reports, performance summaries and content assessments.
- Other duties as assigned.
Desire to pursue a career in strategy is a must. A bachelor’s degree, or one in the making, is required. Previous work experience in digital, social or content marketing is preferred. Prior agency experience is a plus.
Candidates must possess the following qualifications:
- Highly organized
- Positive can-do attitude to work and challenges
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Strong desire to learn
- Interested in social media
- Experienced in Microsoft Office (primarily: PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
This role with our Strategy team offers a variety of ways to expand your strategic thinking and understanding of content marketing. If you already possess any of these qualifications, then you’re probably a good candidate. If you are passionate about learning or improving these skills, then you’re probably a great candidate.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Demonstrate a strong desire to learn about clients, client industry, consumers and digital channels.
- Knowledge of content marketing and editorial planning.
- Understanding of social channels and content opportunities, to help concept campaign opportunities.
- Understanding of SEO, Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, etc. to review and assess KPIs.
This is a six-month, paid internship. Hours are flexible based on candidate’s schedule, but ideal availability will be between 25-40 hours per week. Free lunch Fridays, a kitchen full of snacks and afternoon working sessions at The Hyatt are just a few of the perks.
If you feel you’d be a good fit, please apply by emailing your cover letter and resume here. No phone calls or drop-offs, please.
We’re an agency for ambitious brands. We specialize in building brands by mostly digital means. We know how to create campaigns, content, websites, and identities that stand out in the crap-storm that is the changing media landscape. It’s what makes us a great fit for ambitious marketers who would rather outsmart their competitors than outspend them. We love a good fight. Moreover, we love winning. After all, we’re an ambitious agency – it’s in our blood. Is it in yours?
- We were awarded 2014 Ad Age Small Agency of the Year – Gold, Southwest Region
- We were awarded a 2015 North American Effie for our work on Ubisoft’s, Rocksmith
- Our primary clients are Ubisoft, Disney Parks & Destinations, Remington, and White Wave Foods