Event Planning Manager
Grand Canyon University is currently seeking an Event Planning Manager. This position is responsible for the oversight and execution of on campus events/activities for the ground enrollment division. The enrollment events are centered around the prospective students and their parents and groups from feeder education institutions (high schools, community colleges) to inform about GCU and thus encouraging their willingness to apply for admission. This role is responsible for the overall vision of the events to ensure they are in concert with the overall recruitment strategy of the Ground Enrollment Divisions.
- Plans and executes through a team of event planning staff campus events which meet the specific demographic target audience for the event.
- Manages staff with responsibility and accountability for performance and results; coaches, counsels, mentors, appraises performance and makes employment decisions.
- Develops annual operating expense budget based upon overall strategic Ground Enrollment Marketing Plan.
- Acts as advisor to the Ground management on the development of the marketing event plan, providing guidelines and advice on the coordination of the marketing plan to the University’s main marketing strategy, ensuring sound marketing principles are utilized.
- Reviews metrics and proposes changes to events as needed to increase conversion rates.
- Works with event planners in developing ideas for campus events; generates new approaches for events/activities to engage prospective students and parents during their campus visits.
- Ensures event planning team coordinates all logistical arrangements for events.
- Establishes event project planning protocol and discipline to ensure all events are scheduled, communicated and follow agreed upon process to ensure flawless execution.
- Establishes protocols for securing talent, entertainment, speakers or MCs needed for events to ensure all legal or contractual obligations are executed and use of outside vendors is within operating expense budget.
- Ensures events align with the GCU’s brand positioning, messaging and value to attract prospective students.
- Develops and delivers persuasive presentations including marketing event plans, event overviews, ROI analytics/performance metrics to executive team.
- Helps to facilitate internal communications across the University as related to event efforts.
- Recommends process changes, tracking methods for better efficiency and prepares daily and weekly reports, performance metrics and projections to executive/management team(s).
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline; master’s degree is preferred.
- A combination of experience and education may be substituted upon supervisor’s approval.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in in communications, event management or related marketing experience.
- Work experience should demonstrate progression of assuming leadership responsibilities.
- Able to work evening, weekend and/or holiday work hours if needed for coverage of events.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
Candidates must apply online in order to be considered: http://jobs.gcu.edu/event-planning-manager/job/7023547