MP Media LLC, publishing company of Commercial Executive Magazine and other entities, is seeking an Editor to join the team in its vision to maintain being a leading news source in the commercial real estate field in the Phoenix market.
For over a decade, Commercial Executive Magazine has been uniquely positioned to supply its readers with not only timely information, but in-depth features of high-profile figures in the local market.
The purpose of the Editor role is to oversee the content and quality of the publication and ensure that features are topical, timely, interesting and informative. The position also involves the planning of the features section of the magazine, managing writers and graphic design, coordinating photo shoots, and setting deadlines. Additional tasks include maintaining the company website with newsworthy posts daily, creating eBlasts and working to boost social media engagement.
- Collaborate with editorial/advertising team to determine strategy for each issue.
- Research organizations to discover new story ideas and stay educated on news.
- Attend major industry events for networking with the intent to gain new business for the publication.
- Other duties: Compose articles, attend photo shoots, revise mailing/subscriptions lists, administration duties, boost engagement on social media platforms, create eBlasts, and update CEM-AZ.com with provided news releases and images.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Locate and contact potential subjects for stories
- The ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Technical capacity
- Time management and organizational
- Attention to detail / AP Style
- Photography and Photoshop skills are not required but are a plus (photo shoot opportunities available)
Expected Hours of Work
Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours of 8:00AM-5:00PM and must work at least 40 hours each week to maintain full-time status.
Travel is primarily local, although some out-of-the-area travel may be expected. Before/after normal business hour meetings are subject to occur.
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, business or other related discipline
- Range: $32,000-$35,000/yr. (DOE)