Director of Client Services
Are you a seasoned marketing agency manager who is looking for a new challenge? Serendipit Consulting, a full-service marketing, PR & creative agency in Phoenix is looking for a Director of Client Services to help run the day-to-day operations of the agency.
The role of Client Services is to balance the best interest of the client with the best interests of the Agency to ensure a strategic, collaborative and results-oriented working partnership between Serendipit and our clients. The Client Services Director is responsible for building and maintaining long-term client relationships, achieving revenue and profitability targets, conducting upfront and annual client strategy and planning sessions and overseeing the flow and quality of work throughout the agency.
This position has six to eight direct reports.
Personally or through direct reports, this position performs the following duties:
Leadership & Supervision
- As a member of leadership team, responsible for P&L for all departments; provides leadership, communication and prioritization for all departments; and scopes and defines agency projects and assesses the resources required to execute these projects
- As a people manager, carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Agency’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training staffers; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining staffers; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Oversees development, implementation, execution and measurement of integrated marketing plans
- Manages organic growth goals for the agency
- Conducts and leads strategy sessions for clients and identifies marketing needs and opportunities through research and strategic thinking
- Provides strategic guidance for multiple account and hosts regular brainstorming sessions with cross-functional teams to generate new ideas and opportunities for clients
- Reviews creative and media to ensure it is on brand and on strategy; presents creative and media alongside team for larger accounts
- Develops annual budgets for clients and oversees billing and projections for Client Services
- Serves as strategic asset for select agency accounts
- Oversees billing and projections for all departments
- Involvement as needed in new business pitches
- Ensures overall compliance with agency standards
Education & Experience, Knowledge/Understanding
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent – Master’s degree preferred
- 7-10 years of experience in an account services management/leadership role with an marketing/creative/PR agency
- Experience with integrated marketing campaigns and extensive experience in key agency verticals including real estate, franchise, hospitality, healthcare
- Superb verbal, written, and listening communication skills.
- Effective public speaking and presentation skills
- Ability to make presentations to a wide variety of audiences
- Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work in high-pressure situations
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demeanor
- Strong proofreading skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Highly proficient in the use of a PC or Mac and in the use of MS Office Applications such as Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Google Analytics certified
- Ability to work both independently managing multiple projects, as well as collaboratively working with leaders of other functions areas to achieve common goals
- Ability to drive results in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to identify and proactively solve problems
- Ability to mentor and guide junior staffers
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, client-focused environment
- Openness to New Ideas
- Performance Excellence
- Customer Focus
- Selecting Employees
- Leading Teams
- Comfort with Conflict
- Managing Diversity
- Integrity & Trust
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Managing Vision
A career with Serendipit means working and growing with a team that is dedicated and passionate about what they do. We take pride in having our team members look forward to coming to work each morning, and with great work comes great reward.
When you join the Serendipit team, you join our family! We are proud to offer the following benefits to all full-time employees:
- FREE healthcare + health insurance reimbursement
- Cell phone (depending on your role)
- 10 days PTO your first year, and 14 days PTO year two & beyond
- Competitive, matching 401(K) after 12 months
- Partial reimbursement for Orangetheory Fitness
- Reimbursement for membership in professional organizations
- A fully-stocked kitchen with lots of goodies to keep you fueled through the day, as well as monthly team lunches
- Happiness, joy and an overwhelming feeling of passion for the company you work for and the job you do!
- BYOD – Bring your own dog! We are dog-friendly
- Passion. Creativity. Self-Motivated. Ambitious.
Do these qualities describe you? The only thing standing between you and your dream job is – well – our career form.
Take a peek at our #teamSerendipit values to see if you mesh well with our culture.
INTERESTED IN APPLYING?
Pitch us! Send an email with why you are the perfect fit. Please include your resume and relevant links to your social media profiles.
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please put “Director of Client Services Application” in the subject line.