DIGITAL CONTENT STRATEGIST
DIGITAL CONTENT STRATEGIST
Pay Range: $65,881 - $92,232
Position Closes: Wed, March 7, 2018, 11:59 pm
The City of Chandler is currently seeking qualified individuals to fill the position of DIGITAL CONTENT STRATEGIST within the Communications and Public Affairs Department. This is an exempt, full-time, benefited position. The ideal candidate will have the ability to create a digital presence that reflects Chandler’s brand as the Innovation and Technology Hub of the Southwest and demonstrates our unique community, exceptional quality of life and outstanding municipal services.
The City of Chandler, one of Arizona’s first master planned cities, is located in the southeast part of the Phoenix metro area and has a current population of approximately 255,000; its population is estimated to be 285,000 at its planned build out. The Communications and Public Affairs Department supports the Mayor and City Council, assists the City Manager and directs the City’s public information, communication and marketing efforts.
The primary function of an employee in this class is to develop, implement and maintain an effective public information program through digital content for the City’s websites, public communication focused mobile applications, and social media accounts. This position administers the web content management system and digital content standards, style guides, policies, and service agreements. This position provides training to the City’s web publishers and content editors and contributes to the creation and implementation of digital media strategies and content.
Essential Functions (list not exhaustive):
• Develops, implements, updates and maintains digital content for the City’s internal and external websites, public communication focused mobile applications, and social media accounts;
• Updates the City’s web pages for the Internet and Intranet, which includes writing, editing, and designing new and existing web pages and publishing them to the appropriate website;
• Works with web development and hosting vendors and the Information Technology Division to troubleshoot the City website as necessary;
• Works with mobile application developers and the Information Technology Division to create, update, and maintain content for public communication focused mobile applications;
• Coordinates the creation of digital content and campaigns with photographers, videographers, graphic designers, public information officers, and vendors;
• Creates online modules and forms for internal and external customers;
• Provides content management training and guidance to the City’s web publishers and content editors; assists content providers in updating and maintaining their webpages; ensures the City’s web standards and guidelines are met;
• Participates and leads cross-functional meetings with teams to support and advise on how digital content may be utilized; compiles and evaluates analytics to support the effective use of digital content;
• Participates in the integration of new initiatives related to web, public communication focused mobile applications, and digital content; communicates with Chandler residents, businesses, City employees, and public officials to plan, develop, and communicate web and digital strategies;
• Supports City Council, City Manager’s Office, and management by providing assistance in defining site purpose, target audiences, layout, navigation, design, functionality, content, photos, and testing;
• Coordinates the regular review of all web pages, designs, and features of the website to ensure they are accurate, consistent, interactive, easily navigable, visually appealing, and that they reflect a positive image of the City of Chandler;
• Utilizes basic search engine optimization (SEO) techniques and analytics to maximize the volume of inbound traffic from search engines to all City websites;
• Schedules, designs, edits, and posts desktop wallpapers for internal customers;
• Develops and communicates the City’s web and digital content policies, procedures, style guides, and standards within the organization; monitors web pages and digital content to ensure compliance with those standards;
• In conjunction with the Information Technology Division, researches, reviews, and recommends new features and design modifications to websites and public communication focused mobile applications;
• Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations, Journalism, Mass Communications, or Computer Technology, or related field; and
• Four (4) years’ experience in marketing, web content management and with web building software; or
• Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the work.
The position available is a regular full-time position and is subject to a six (6) month probationary period. A register of qualified candidates will be active for four (4) months should another position become available.
The City of Chandler fingerprints all applicants selected for hire to evaluate the fitness of prospective employees. The examination may vary if determined necessary.
The City of Chandler is committed to Equal Opportunity & Reasonable Accommodation.
Please apply online at www.chandleraz.gov/hr/jobs by Wed, March 7, 2018, 11:59 pm.