Business Development Manager
TAILWIND is seeking a Business Development Manager who will be directly responsible for the generation and development of new business opportunities for our lead generation agency. The successful candidate will be a skilled and credible sales and/or business development professional selling lead generation services to marketing executives and SME’s of targeted companies including major brands. This role is focused solely on new business growth and is suited to candidates who can exploit their exceptional sales and negotiation skills with effective and successful results.
THE MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION INCLUDE:
- Bringing qualified leads within the target filter to the practice. This individual will do this by developing new business relationships, generating and negotiating marketing services programs that produce new, incremental income for Tailwind to an agreed upon annual target of invoiced revenue, to increase year over year.
- Accountable for orchestrating multiple team members in landing large accounts in the creation of innovative, competitive offerings and the development of all client proposals, contracts and any further documentation, following established Tailwind procedure.
- Present Tailwind subject matter experts and executives to potential clients through individual or group direct communication, presentations, and face to face meetings. Other presentation methods could include telephone calls or teleconferences, webinars, and emails.
- Scout, manage and maintain a sales and prospect pipeline in accordance with our target filter criteria and ensuring all business development administration and database management is current. Responsible for managing research in creating prospective client profiles/dossiers. Maximize access to prospects by leveraging relationships within Tailwind’s network and beyond utilizing multiple tools.
- Responsible for active and successful management of the business development process, including strategic lead generation, research and scouting targeted companies; team-based capabilities presentations; information gathering and Q&A; RFP completion and submission; SOW development and completion; negotiation; close; handoff to the account management team.
- Represent Tailwind at industry events, conferences and tradeshows in an effort to gain new business leads and contacts.
- Develop and maintain a literacy on issues and trends affecting lead generation agencies and the industry in general, and collecting competitor intelligence.
- Effectively interacting with sister agency practices including subject matter experts, account management, strategy, innovation, influencer marketing, digital products, business development and technology teams when developing proposals or orchestrating new client transition of all aspects of the engagement or SOW.
- A thorough understanding of prospective and newly signed clients’ marketing objectives including their return on investment (ROI) and strategic marketing objectives.
- Effectively plan, forecast, and project revenue and report on performance to a broad audience including Managing Director, sister agency Managing Directors, and the support company executive team.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Five years of experience in a marketing or advertising agency environment, or comparable experience on the client side.
- Two years of experience in selling marketing services in B2B with multiple decision makers.
- A Bachelor’s Degree. Degree in a business or marketing discipline preferred.
- A solid understanding of lead generation principles and practices.
- Possess confidence in negotiation skills and a proven ability to close.
- Strong client management, detail oriented and diligent follow-up skills.
- A proven collaborative work style that engages with others to make sure what is sold has been vetted in the best interest of the team.
- Capable of innovative thinking, hands-on problem-solving, and a strong ability to generate ideas and solutions.
- Superlative written communication skills – able to distill key opportunities and deliver responses, plans, or solutions in written form through presentations, proposals, or SOW’s.
- Strong communication skills in all forms including oral, email, telephone, and presentation.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, with a strong ability to cope with competing demands and prioritize multiple tasks.
- A positive and determined approach to researching and analyzing new business opportunities.
- Strong ability to work independently and taking individual accountability and responsibility for performance to plan.
- A collaborative approach with client management teams in building proposals and plans.
- A willingness to learn new sales approaches and strategies, and to adopt current agency practices and approaches in the business development process.
OTHER FUNCTIONAL COMPETENCIES AND REQUIREMENTS:
- You may spend up to 70% of your time outside of the office environment in client meetings and presentations. Your travel could be extensive and may include international travel.
- You will be responsible for your own lead generation and appointment setting. You will have individual responsibility for new business, and you will be expected to self-manage.
- You will be part of a growing team with the mission of growing their organic businesses. Support is available from the strategy and innovation team, and the executive team for complex large pitches and strategies.
- You must possess the drive, motivation, and acute attention to detail to ensure all sales opportunities for Tailwind are captured and explored.
ABOUT THE PAY
Salary depends on your experience. What we can tell you is that Tailwind is an equal employment opportunity employer that offers competitive salary, performance bonuses, health insurance benefits, 401(K) plus match, the most generous vacation package you’ve ever heard of, company-sponsored events, ongoing training and education, and really rad coworkers.
Tailwind is a vibrant, fun-loving, and fast-paced place to work. If you’re a self-starter who works well with autonomy and wants the opportunity to impact positive change in your workplace, you’ll excel here. We promise that as a member of our team, you’ll have variety, learn amazing things, and be part of a real team.
We’re highly protective of our culture, our process, and our clients. We work hard to make sure everyone we hire will be, too. Our values drive everything we do, and if you work here, it’s important that we care about the same things.
Here’s what’s at the heart and soul of Tailwind:
Empathy: We believe that being humble and understanding of others enables us to design better experiences for everyone.
Collaboration: We believe that flexible, agile teams can achieve more together than any one of us could on our own.
Audacity: We believe in being bold, passionate, and ambitious when it comes to our work and the outcomes we create for others.
Happiness: We believe in the value of having fun, making time to play, and healthy work/life balance.
Curiosity: We believe that childlike curiosity fueled by love for discovery and exploration are the keys to continuous innovation.
Simplicity: We believe in finding simplicity in the complex and seeking clarity, consistency, and balance in all that we make and do.
Is our team the right place for you? If this sounds like a fit, we can’t wait to meet you.
- We can generate leads all day for our clients, but the point is to generate quality leads that results in more money to your bottom line. We work in tandem with our clients to close the loop on what happens to those leads once they get into pipeline.
- We employ successful digital media strategies through display that reach way beyond just brand awareness. We know how to connect with those who are already primed to respond through advanced targeting tactics.
ANALYTICS AND TESTING
- We test and retest, leverage attribution models, and continuously monitor our client’s media mix to get measurable results and maintain forward motion. Data is a great power source, but only if you use it early, often and effectively.
READY TO APPLY?
- Craft a cover letter that speaks to ALL of the points above.
- Tailor your resume to show practical experience to MANY of the points above.
- Apply online