Associate Director, Marketing Communications
The Associate Director, Marketing Communications is responsible for developing content plans and executing projects and initiatives that support both short and long-term marketing strategy and brand strength. Through both strategic and tactical leadership, this position will act as a steward of the NCU brand to ensure the university’s mission, vision and values are accurately represented within all marketing channels.
- Along with team and University leaders, provide strategic and tactical leadership for the brand
- Maintain brand consistency across channels and identify new areas of opportunity to reinforce the brand message through various online and offline marketing and advertising channels and to ensure there is a consistent voice and tone throughout all of NCU’s marketing materials
- Helps determine student needs and identifies new opportunities for prospective and current student engagement
- Critically assess existing products and services to define, prioritize and implement strategic projects and initiatives in support of business objectives and the university’s long-term new and current student experience strategies
- Work with marketing team to assign outside vendors, as needed, to large projects.
- Work with creative, digital, and analyst marketing team members to assist with the formulation and execution of marketing strategies
- Provide recommendations on content and geographic marketing strategies
- Build and manage relationships across and outside of the university including operations, IT, academics/faculty, community leaders, and other education and career-related partners
- Manages team of internal and freelance copywriters and resources and provides content and writing support when needed
- Manage editorial calendar for social media channels and NCU blog
- Manages budget and accrual process for outside creative services account 6116-15
- Identify new content opportunities and ways to repurpose existing content through various channels
- Reasonable and consistent attendance to fulfill requirements of the position
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written with attention to detail
- Must have an ability to think strategically while also maintaining a passion for tactical detail level execution
- Solid understanding of digital marketing and advertising
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Customer-service oriented
- Strong organization, prioritization, and self-motivation skills
- Excellent team attitude
- Ability to listen to customers to understand and respond positively to their requests
- Ability to adapt to changing assignment and multiple priorities
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and successfully meet deadlines
- Ability to collaborate with others on creative projects
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and other applications in the Microsoft Office Suite
This position has supervisory responsibilities for the Social Media and Alumni Relations Manager, copywriter and freelance copywriters as needed.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree with focus in business, marketing, or related field required
- 7 years of marketing and advertising experience preferred
- Experience communicating marketing strategies and current marketing best practices with experience managing projects in a rapidly changing environment
- Experience directing the work of outside vendors
- Experience in higher education preferred
- Experience working in a technology-driven enterprise preferred
- All skills, abilities, and education will be considered for minimum qualifications
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. The physical requirements for performing the essential functions of this position require the team member to be able to:
- Able to sit, stand, kneel, walk, and reach
- Able to lift, push, pull, and/or move up to 20 pounds
- Hear well enough to communicate with others
- Read a computer screen and written material
- Write, type, and use phone system
This position operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Good working environment with the absence of disagreeable conditions
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Regular and reliable attendance is required
Who We Are
Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally-relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university. As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business and technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy. NCU utilizes a one-to-one learning model—one student is paired with a professor in each course—to create a more personalized, individual experience for students enhanced by their professors’ real-world experience. NCU professors all hold doctoral degrees, and none of our programs have residency requirements, allowing access to students no matter where they live.
Additionally, with the exception of the Department of Marriage and Family Sciences, within the School of Social and Behavioral Sciences, all of NCU’s programs are delivered 100% online.
With administrative offices in Scottsdale, Arizona and San Diego, California, as well as students, alumni and faculty in more than 50 countries, NCU is an excellent choice for professionals around the world who share our passion for excellence. We envision growth trends to continue and eagerly seek highly-credentialed and enthusiastic individuals to join our team.