American Fine Art Magazine and sister publications American Art Collector, Western Art Collector and Native American Art Magazine all high-quality glossy consumer magazines, are experiencing dramatic growth nationwide. To maintain this phenomenal success, we now need a career-oriented professional to serve as Assistant Editor to assist on all four of our titles. This position requires someone who can work in a deadline-driven environment and be able to turn around stories and editorial information quickly and efficiently. The person we seek will be a committed and passionate journalist and express an interest in art, both historic and contemporary. Your high level of competence and dedication to excellence will be appreciated and rewarded accordingly.
* A bachelor’s in English, journalism, communications or a related field.
* 1 to 3 years of writing, copyediting, proofreading and ad traffic experience in quick turnaround with quality publications. Some multimedia journalism experience is a plus as well.
* Management of all editorial content, from arrival in-house to the printed page.
* You will proofread a variety of documents and client-focused materials, including advertising materials, email blasts, promotional letters, special reports and other documents and be able to assess their impact on editorial stratagems.
* The ability to write headline and caption copy.
* Possess outstanding interview and writing skills and be able to turn in superior features.
*You will be driven by professional pride to exploit the full extent of all our magazines’ potential – in terms of look as well as accuracy.
* You will be able to work professionally in the face of constant deadlines. Your personality will enable you to work well independently when needed and as part of our team.
* You will understand how magazines work and be eager to present the best ideas for consideration to be used in our publications.
*Periodic travel may also be a requirement of this position.
*Experience with InCopy, Magazine Manager, Database management and Microsoft Office products.
*Assist in Editorial and in Ad Traffic
About the Company
American Fine Art, American Art Collector, Western Art Collector and Native American Art Magazine have become very successful and appreciated in their respective fields. We work on a daily basis with the most demanding, mainstream art galleries in America. Our magazines’ high standard of editorial content, imagery, design and structure have quickly earned them the reputation for exceeding the needs of a discriminating national audience of readers and advertisers.
The company ethos is to always deliver more than we promise.
We are defined by an unrelenting drive to lead the genre with a unique new business model specially written for the art marketing industry.
The parent company is based in Scottsdale, Arizona.
If you are suitable for this position, we invite you to visit our websites, www.westernartcollector.com, www.americanartcollector.com, www.americanfineartmagazine.com and www.nativeamericanartmagazine.com to see the quality magazines you might be helping to create. Send your resume, including cell phone number, to: email@example.com.