Staffing Strong is recruiting an Advertising Copywriter for a client in Tempe, AZ. Our client is growing in size, scope and capability and has recently created an internal creative agency with award winning creatives to create a world class internal agency for a global company with an even bigger marketing budget and an even more exciting story to tell. This is an exciting opportunity for a talented Copywriter to get in on the ground floor of this new internal creative agency!
The Advertising Copywriter will create the stories of our client’s brand everywhere they engage with audiences and will help redefine how our client tells stories and inspire people about their brand: From their digital presence, to video and social. We are recruiting an Advertising Copywriter who will work closely with our client’s Creative Directors and talented art directors and designers. If you like a dynamic environment that allows you to use your creative talents to help build materials for our client’s brands, this is the job for you.
· You will show your intellectual curiosity and your incessant creativity by writing a variety of on-brand materials for our client’s tech products and services that inspire everyone who reads your work. You love copywriting and know great copy from inferior writing.
· You will research all aspects of our client’s diverse technical products and services and understand the most important aspects to write about to pique consumers interest and compel them to act.
· You will excel at storytelling across print and digital platforms, from start to end. Grasp the difference between a call-to-action and subject line and everything in between.
· You will maintain brand consistency in everything you write, even after numerous rounds of revisions, and create copy that other writers wish they had written.
· You will help build on brand materials for our client’s consumers and co-branded partners, while keeping all copy legally-approved, compliant and inspiring.
· You will help improve our client’s sales teams presentations and materials for pitch presentations.
· You will work with Creative Directors and other members of the team to create high quality branded advertising and branded materials under tight deadlines.
· A Bachelor’s degree is required
· A minimum of 4 years of experience at an ad agency or an in-house creative department writing position. Experience working for a tech company or tech clients a plus.
· Must have a portfolio that demonstrates a variety of writing prowess and engaging writing chops across all media.(must have short form advertising samples).
· Must have great communication skills in presenting ideas, selling work, brainstorming and taking everything you work on to the next level. And must know the difference between a bad pun and a clever play on words.
· Must be an expert in creating documents in Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Proficiency in Creative Adobe Cloud, especially Adobe Acrobat is a plus.
· Strong understanding of copywriting principles (do you know who Ogilvy and Gossage were and why they can be inspirational to copywriters?), methods and practices, as well as all phases of great copywriting, and how it works in unison with design and art direction.
· Must have excellent grammar and punctuation skills, strong ability to craft headlines, attention to detail, and ability to adhere to brand guides, including Legal dos and don’t’s, while maintaining a big picture understanding of the stories that brands tell.
· Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects and tight deadlines.
· Must have a great attitude, you are a team player and have the ability to thrive in a collaborative atmosphere, while also being strongly self-motivated and able to create on your own.
· Must be organized, punctual and reliable.