Adjunct Instructor – C++ Programing
The Art Institute of Phoenix
Adjunct Instructor - C++ Programing
The Art Institutes (www.artinstitutes.edu) is a system schools located throughout the United States and extends back to 1921, when The Art Institute of Pittsburgh opened its doors. The Art Institutes system of schools provides an important source for design, media arts and culinary professionals. Several institutions included in The Art Institutes schools are campuses of Argosy University. Each Art Institutes school is licensed by the state in which it is located and accredited by accrediting bodies recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. The Art Institutes offer associate, bachelor, and master’s degree programs, as well as certificate and diploma programs. Students pursue their degrees through campuses, fully-online programs through The Art Institute of Pittsburgh - Online Division and blended formats, which combine campus-based and online education. The Art Institutes focus on applied arts in creative areas such as graphic design, media arts and animation, culinary arts, photography, digital filmmaking and video production, interior design, audio production, fashion design, game art and design, baking and pastry, and fashion marketing. Not all program areas and degree levels are offered at all schools. The Art Institutes schools offer programs in a variety of formats - including traditional classroom work, online learning and night and weekend programs. In addition, The Art Institutes sponsor a variety of competitions each year focused on fashion design, graphic design, film, and culinary.
The Art Institute of Phoenix is actively recruiting for a C++ Programing Adjunct Instructor-come teach what you love to do!
Classes to Teach:
C++ Programming I
C++ Programming II
C++ Programming III
Design Patterns & Data Structures
Physics of Motion, Light & Sound
The part time instructor facilitates meaningful learning of the course competencies in the curriculum and proactively supports all facets of the learning environment. S/He provides education through learning-centered instruction that will enable graduates to fulfill the evolving needs of the marketplace. S/He encourages a culture of learning that values mutual responsibility and respect, life-long learning and ethics as well as personal and professional development. This position is part time/adjunct only. Incumbent must assure that the Company philosophy: quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion - is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position.
Key Job Elements
- Provides competency-based education which aligns with the Company model of curricula as well as supports the Company style of system delivery.
- Designs and delivers class instruction through the development of instructional plans to meet course competencies, the development of activities which support lesson objectives, and (in the case of online instructors ONLY) delivers the instruction as approved.
- Enables the achievement of pre-described exit competencies for student achievement and evaluation of learning by providing instruction which fosters competencies and establish student performance criteria and evaluation.
- Delivers learning-centered instruction by establishing a classroom environment conducive to learning and student involvement as well as effectively planning and preparing for classes and student success.
- Promotes student success by showing flexibility in style and work schedule as well as exhibiting a passion for teaching and students and engaging students in the learning process.
- Manages the learning environment through keeping accurate records, submitting grades and other reports on time, and enforcing school/campus academic and attendance policies.
- Contributes to a learning culture by participating on curriculum and system task forces, supporting local campus events such as orientation and graduation, and participating in various other workshops and meetings.
- Relates professional/life/industry experience to learning by the continuation of professional/technical skills development, the introduction of industry perspective into courses, and the active awareness of professional/industry trends and opportunities.
Reports To: Program Chair-Media Arts
Interacts With: Academic affairs department, other school/campus functional areas, curriculum task force and other committees, other faculty, and students
- Bachelor's degree in a field related to the classes to be taught with a Master's degree preferred.
- Zero to two years experience in instruction or formalized education process, preferably in a post-secondary or college institution.
- Membership in a professional association tied to area of instruction preferred.
- Utilize the basic programming constructs of C++
- Write code to create, delete, read, and write directories and data files
- Develop and implement correct and efficient programs using the C++ language
- Create window application by using Window API, MFC and window form
- Write constructor, destructor, accessory, and copy methods
- Explain the value of encapsulation, polymorphism, and inheritance in software design
- Identify the appropriate algorithm for a given application
- Implement common container classes from scratch
- Implement concepts of physics such as one and two dimensional physics, forces, Newton’s laws, energy, impacts, movement, torque, gravity, fluids, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to build successful relationships with student populations.
- Outstanding conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated time management and detail-oriented skills
- Computer based skills (i.e., software, analytical, and report writing skills )
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to meet frequently occurring deadlines.
- Ability to develop a professional rapport with diverse school/campus constituents.
- Ability to develop and complete projects without continued direct supervision
- Ability to learn from students' participation, demonstrates fair and consistent behavior in all matters, and shows compassion without being ineffectual
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of the position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office or school, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
If you are interested in this position, apply at https://edmccareers.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/share/964//88 and complete the short application and upload your resume.