Account Director: Travel & Tourism
The Account Director is an agency leader and strategic partner to clients within the Travel & Tourism vertical. This person is responsible for understanding client objectives and acting as a strong filter for what will resonate with Brand Marketers. This person will be accountable for driving measurable results for both our clients and the agency.
The ideal candidate must possess deep knowledge of the travel and tourism industry, must be able to identify growth opportunities, and must motivate teams to successfully deliver results.
KEY FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead client service for select accounts by applying strategic thinking and deep understanding of client’s industry, consumer and competitive landscape.
- Guide the integrated team of strategists, planners and creatives in the development of programs that will ultimately achieve in-market results.
- Respond to all strategy and creative providing positive as well as constructive feedback for improvement, always through the eyes of the client.
- Oversee the development of clearly defined briefs.
- Manage expectations, emotions, timelines and budgets, internally and externally.
- Retain business by delivering outstanding client experience and work that drives results.
- Facilitate trust internally and externally with open, transparent communication.
- Identify solutions to resolve conflict and address ambiguity.
- Own forecasting and profitability for select accounts.
- Participate in the biz dev efforts with prospective travel and tourism clients.
- Provide thought leadership to the organization increasing agency revenue.
- Encourage and enable others to fulfill career goals.
- 7+ years of agency or client marketing experience, minimum of 3+ years in travel & tourism.
- Ability to partner and effectively communicate with clients at Senior Manager and Director levels.
- Proven track record of leading and growing accounts while providing exceptional service.
- Comfort with ambiguity, flexibility and resolve to keep moving forward.
- Experience in communications planning with specific examples of strategic recommendations written and bought by clients.
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously while keeping projects on time, on budget and above expectations.
- Results-orientation and willingness to improve process.
- Passion for developing accounts.
- Strong leadership skills with ability to inspire and motivate both with and without authority.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-moving environment.
- High-level of energy and enthusiasm with a drive for creating positive outcomes.
- Desire to contribute to agency culture.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A bachelor’s degree in marketing, or related field, is required.
- A combination of both client-side and agency experience is a plus.
Salary commensurate with experience. Health benefits, 401k and PTO package. Free lunch Fridays, a kitchen full of snacks and afternoon working sessions at The Hyatt are just a few of the perks. If you feel you’d be a good fit, please apply with both your resume and cover letter below. No phone calls or drop-offs, please.
This position requires occasional travel up to 20%, mostly domestic.